Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do you draw Disney characters?

I need to get basic instructions on how to draw SEVERAL Disney characters for this presentation I'm doing on "how to draw Disney characters". I have instructions on Mickey Mouse, but I would love some instructions on how to draw other Disney characters such as princesses, villians, or any other characters. I'm an experienced Disney artist, and I'm teaching 9thy graders how to draw them. so some step-by-step instructions on how to draw Disney characters would be greatly appreciated!|||I'm a bit confused. If you are are an experienced Disney artist, you should be be able to tell them what you already know about drawing the characters.





As with any drawing, you have to break down the how body in parts (start with an outline) and make sure the proportions and position of each part is correct. If you want them to really draw them properly (in such a way that they can be drawn in any position or pose, the students need to learn the fundamentals of art and realism before turning to stylization. Like any cartoon, it is a simpleflied/stylized interpretation of reality. Animators and comic artists go through this before they adopt their chosen style.





*edit*


Oh I see....That's too bad since your way may be better if you point out a few of the fundamentals to the students. Believe it or not, the animators at Disney observed a real deer during the production of Bambi in order to convey life-like movements and behavior of the animal. Anyways, I found some sourcesover here.....

No comments:

Post a Comment