Friday, September 23, 2011

I want to carry some disney merchandise - do i need to be licensed?

I want to carry some disney merchandise. I've checked the disney sites but there seems to be no information available for retailers. Does anyone know how you would go about arranging a deal with disney to carry their stuff?|||I know is the Disney Store isn't actually run by Disney, but they do pay for the name. In America, you can sell anything you want as long as it is legal (not drugs), you pay tax, and you have the proper commercial permits (business licence, liquor license if applicable. etc.) For example, many people sell Disneyana on e-bay without Disney's permission. BUT you can't use their name in your business. You can't use their images for promotions (Disney sued two Florida day cares for using mickey mouse on their walls). You can sell used Disney Movies, Toys, Stuffed Animals etc. as appropriate by law. I doubt Disney does wholesale to small retailers. Be careful, they also sued Filmation over a sequel to Snow White (and Snow White has been around a couple 100 years longer than Disney). The film had to be renamed Happily Ever After. Disney protects its corporate name and image like nazis. America is still a free market, sell their collectibles just don't claim their name.|||My family just might be the biggest Disney fans in the world! They make such high quality things. Scholastic had a great deal going on to get 7 free disney books for only $3.99 shipping! I got them a few months ago, so I don't know if the deal is still going on.


Anyway, the web address is http://www.alllsite.info/free-disney-boo鈥?/a>





I thought you might be interested because your also a Disney fan! Enjoy!|||You better be licensed by Disney. The Mouse does not allow it name or even likeness to be sold with out it cut. Also the Mouse will knock on your door big time with a whole group of lawerys. The Mouse a lot of money from these licenses and they have a whole sky scraper dedicated on the west side of Burbank CA|||Yes, you do in some cases. But to be sure of which, you should contact Disney to be sure. It has been a long time since I had my store.

No comments:

Post a Comment