Friday, September 23, 2011

What is the best age to take children to disney for the first time?

I am thinking about planning a trip to Disney World. What is the best age to take kids at the earliest to remember and still think characters are real? Should I have my children's first Disney experience a theme park or a cruise line?|||Well, really any age is a great age, but you best range for what you are asking about think of characters as real, would be from 5-10 years old.





I have been there many many times in my life, since I was one, and I am 14 now, and each time I have had a very different, and very magical experience. Each time I have gone, I see something different, and in a different way. I remember when I was little and I would go and think that the characters were real, but at any age, you still feel the magic and the reality of everything there.





There are many things for kids of any age to do at Disney World, and in any of the parks. A lot of things depend on if it is a girl or a boy, and the specific age. Girls will love the Magic Kingdom, with fantasyland. They can explore Pixie Hollow or meet their favorite princess. If you are really looking to spoil your little Princess, take her to the Boutique, where she can really become a little princess. See the Disney website for more information on the BBB. Boys will also love the magic kingdom, and in the same way to spoil your little pirate, take them to the Pirate's League, where they can transform into a real pirate. There are also daily Pirate Lessons in Adventureland. Either way, at any age, boy or girl, they will still love the magic kingdom, where they can drive a race car, fly up into the sky, join pirates in the carribean, or have adventures like Tom Sawyer.





In Epcot, the fun doesn't stop. Here there is fun for both parents and their kids. As you venture around world showcase, there is plenty to do. You have the new Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure, where there are plenty of suprises in store (I have not acually done this yet, but I have heard that this is a great thing to do). There are also Kid-Cot Fun Stops around World Showcase too, where kids can create fun masks that they can take home. The great part for parents, its free! If you go to the seas with Nemo and Friends, your kids can take a dip in the oceans, and see some of the most amazing creatures ever, while playing with their favorite fish, Nemo, Dory, Marlin, Crush and more. This really gets kids interested in sea life, and they have a great time with it too.





In the Studios, your kids will love playing carnival style games with their favorite characters from the toy story movies. This is a 4-D game where you earn points by playing games with your cannon. This is great for kids of all ages. Also, for the playhouse Disney fans, there is Playhouse Disney LIVE! Here, in the giant set, you can sing and play and learn along with some of your favorite Playhouse Disney characters including those from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and My Friends Tigger and Pooh. There is also the opportunity to shrink to the size of a bug in the Honey I shrunk the Kids playset.





Finally, at Animal Kingdom, there is also plenty to do. Kids will love seeing all the animals, and they will really love the Dig Pit in Dinoland USA. This is where you can dig up real fossils and silde down some great slides. They will also love the live shows of the Lion King and Finding Nemo.





I suggest the Theme Parks to start, and if it possible, take a trip on the cruise next time, when they are a little older (9-10). Either way, Disney World is a great place for kids of all ages, from 1-101. Have a very magical day.





If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me. If you do, please email me at epcotexpert@yahoo.com Thanks!|||5 is a good age - I went for the first time when I was five and now over 10 years later I still remember my first experience, but really at any age kids enjoy Disney.





My younger cousin who isn't even 2 yet really enjoys going - but I don't know if its just because her Daddy works there.





But overall you know your kids, and whether or not your kids will remember the experience. Some children don't remember too much from a young age, while others do.





I have never been on a cruise, but I think the Magic Kingdom Park is your best option (its the most Traditional character related), or if your child loves Animals take them to Animal Kingdom, they will love seeing all the animals. I recommend that you wait to take your child to Epcot till they are older and able to better understand the cultures.|||I would say five and over. You can do a combination cruise/theme park, I think. However, that would likely leave you feeling rushed, as three or four days isn't really long enough for WDW nor for a cruise, in my opinion.





Check you library for books about visiting WDW - there's one called "Disney With Kids" or something like that - very helpful. The "unofficial" guide to WDW is also good.|||like round the ages 5-10 no more cuz you know children these days they grow up fast wen i mean fast real fast they knowm ore things than you..|||5 and you are better off going to Disneyland for your first trip. It is smaller and closer to the hotels for break time.|||I would say seven/eight. I would go to a theme park.|||any age is amazing, because there's so much to do! I first went when i was 7 ... and still go now i'm an adult|||my dad took me to LA disney landfor my likr 7th bday and barerly remember it... went last year ansd had a blast

No comments:

Post a Comment