Friday, September 23, 2011

How many paying visitors does Disney World need a day to break even?

I was wondering how many paying customers does Disney need through the gate just to pay the bills? I took the back stage magic tour and Disney won't answer questions like this, but in seeing all the stuff running to make it all work the power bill alone has to be astronomical. Are there any Disney employees who would sneak me an answer to this? I accept emails.|||I don't think the answer is that easy.





You have to take into account that everyone who walks in is not buying a single day ticket.





Some are buying 10 day passes w/park hoppers, some have Florida resident annual passes.





Some are staying on property at a resort, some are paying parking.





A lot probably depends too on how many people are buying at the shops or spending in restaurants.





It's probably some pretty complex numbers to calculate.|||i worked at the magic kingdom in the mid 70's and the rumor back then was that 30,000 was the break even number...when the parking lot fills the park effectively closed...i remember some big summer days we got 90,000. Like I said it was just talk amongst a few low/mid level (I was a lead)employees so not sure how accurate that number was.

No comments:

Post a Comment