Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How to surprise kids with a trip to Disney World?

I'm planning a surprise trip to Walt Disney World for my cousins and I wanted to tell them in a creative way. Something that would be memorable. They're 8 and 12. I also wanted to record it. Anyone have any suggestions?|||I think a really cute way is to head to your nearest Disney Store, and buy some little Disney trinkets. Then mail them, with a note from Mickey Mouse, to your kids. The post office actually has Mickey %26amp; Pluto postage bags. Make the big announcement come from a note that Mickey himself wrote, along with some presents. Then, every week or few weeks, send another little package w/little things from Mickey with another note, letting them know their trip is getting closer %26amp; closer.





I did this for my 5 year old nephew, and he loved it! It kept him excited, and he was always asking if he got more "Mickey Mail". I had gone to Disney about 6 months earlier, so brought home postcards %26amp; mailed those to him too, from Mickey, so it appeared they were coming from Disney World. If you have access to any Disney postcards, that's an added bonus too!





Good luck!|||There's a site where you can schedule to receive a phone call from a disney character. Not sure if vacation is a theme, but maybe it can be a start. I've actually used them on special occasions for the kids %26amp; they love it. You can search for disney enchanted calls or go to the site.|||Where are you from? Is WDW local for you? When we took our girls on a Disney cruise earlier this year, we gave it to them as a gift last Christmas. I printed up the confirmation page of the paid cruise (deleted the pricing information) and put it in a Disney envelope that had their names on it (in Disney font...you can probably look that up online) and put the envelope on the tree. It was the last gift they opened. They already want to go on another!





Good luck!|||Maybe say that you're going to go and visit a relative or friend for a couple of days, let them believe it and take them there. If it's just a day trip, say that your just visiting a friend :) hope that idea is good for you x|||Wrap a present or card with a Disney Theme.


Before they open it say "You are going somewhere"


Say no more.


Video the reaction when they open the gift.|||when my parents took me and my siblings they made it surprise and its been many years and we remember it like it happened yesterday also you might want to take them halloween weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment