Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What are your opinions of the Disney Channel?

I am anti-Disney, meaning I absolutely cannot tolerate all of the things, supposed pop-star mania, and publicity the channel receives, which is almost unrealistic. I do not mean the mouse or the old shows associated with Disney, but the crazy, modern channel with the Jonas Brothers, Hannah Montana, High School Musical, etc. I cannot stand these people. Well, feel free to express your opinions, but don't expect me to stay completely silent, Disney-fans.|||(Warning: This is a common train of thought for me, and it's going to be a long read. But hey, you asked.)





I liked old school Disney a LOT better. Growing Pains, Boy Meets World, Brotherly Love, So Weird, and the old movies like Genius and the Thirteenth Year. High School Musical was alright, but it absolutely was not as good as all it's publicity and cult-like following built it up to be. Hannah Montana--I take it back, Miley Cyrus period has always made me want to gag. I can't stand her, from the moment I saw her I've disliked her. And people are finally coming around to seeing my point on that. The Jonas Brothers are cute and talented as far as teen guys go, but honestly when I really look at them they're just one more boy band, although I greatly admire their values. Some of the shows on Disney are alright, but with each passing year they get less and less entertaining. I also DESPISE the way all the girls on Disney Channel have to be a triple threat. Heaven forbid a person only have one area of talent, oh no, they all have to sing, dance, and act or else, clearly, they are absolutely worthless to the entertainment society. I do like some aspects of Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato, but the way Disney has popularized them makes me feel like they're just poppping out little clones of Hilary Duff from way back when, slightly changing each girl's identity but not really giving any of them much individuality. A couple of the boys from Disney bring me some entertainment, such as Jason Dolley and the Sprouse twins. But overall I think Disney Channel's quality has most definitely declined in recent years.|||I like disney channel

Report Abuse


|||Although I'm a Jonas Brothers fan, I completely agree with you. The new Disney is horrible. Before, the shows were about real life, and kids could actually learn lessons from them. Boy Meets World was way better than Hannah Montana. I've noticed recently that Miley's character is such a spoiled brat. If things don't happen her way, all hell breaks loose. If I had a son or daughter, I definitely wouldn't want them to look up to her.|||i used to watch disney channel, and THEN...I figured out that hannah montana is the worst actor ever and really can't sing well. the movies on there are all the same: there is a relationship,break up,(boo hoo),a mean pretty girl with a possy%26lt;ya i prob. spelled that wrong,make up,kiss,happy ending. i hate it all. so im with ya. ...and the worst thing is im only 11...so what does that tell ya?|||I don't mind it...but I agree its a bit over the top.





But there are several different Disney channels (at least on Comcast there are) and if you don't like them there are other Kid's show networks|||I think it pretty good. =]|||Lame never watch it.|||boo u

No comments:

Post a Comment